Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Moon

'There's a moon over Bourbon Street tonight
I see faces as they pass beneath the pale lamplight
I've no choice but to follow that call
The bright lights, the people, and the moon and all
I pray everyday to be strong
For I know what I do must be wrong
Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet
While there's a moon over Bourbon Street

It was many years ago that I became what I am
I was trapped in this life like an innocent lamb
Now I can never show my face at noon
And you'll only see me walking by the light of the moon
The brim of my hat hides the eye of a beast
I've the face of a sinner but the hands of a priest
Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet
While there's a moon over Bourbon Street'

penned by Sting, courtesy of Mark

3 comments:

Lavinia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lavinia said...

this part of the song is truly beautiful..
btw the dream of the blue turtles is the only sting's album i really liked many years ago (1990?)

however, did you know that sting was in a while studing aleister crowley's works?..
and i cannot find anything about it now but as i remember i heard few years ago that he bought also crowley's boleskine house in scotland (now it is written only that it is a private property but not whos:))

Nuit Natasa Pantovic said...

I felt there is something there...
Sting is coming to Malta and I am looking forward to his concert :)