Wednesday, November 01, 2006

abyss of shadows

My bird keeps flying directly towards my cat
she comes to me only when the cat is in my lap
she lands exactly where the cat sleeps
she exits her nest only when she hears the cat purring

and yesterday I saved her from the cat's jaws - will she learn?

or will she stay flying towards the deadly embrace
over-and-over-again
choosing a completely un-fair fight over her deepest fears

or will she burn sacrificing her fragile body
within the same attraction
a butterfly suicidally enters a flame

or will she learn
to live
with her hypnotic fascination
in the same way
we - mortals - can learn
to live
with our fascination
with light
keeping our journey
towards the death
long and intense
walking the edge
but not falling
into the abyss of its shadows

2 comments:

Knight Of The Storms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

cannot wait to do tai chi with you some time :))