Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Is she your mum?

She flirts with me all the time
with eyes that belong to an angel
I told her that her hands are beautiful
so she shows them to me graciously
every time she meets me
She points at me
showing me to her friends
and nods secretly confirming
answering the question - is she your mum?

And I asked about her
as soon as met her eyes
as soon as I fell in love
with her moments of joy
- you can not have her - the sister said
both her sister and her are positive.
Positive? I enquire, still not used to terminology
- yes, she said, HIV positive

Malta doesn't allow HIV adoptions...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!!
beautiful poems... can feel the Love....

Craftsman of light said...

Malta does'nt adopt....but the lamp you've lit will glow next to a face in Ethopia.
Even if. much is not understood ..Certainly? a lot is illuminated§

Anonymous said...

I read some of the poems. They are great. I was shocked to see that Malta does not allow adoptions of children with aids. That is terrible. We're so archaic its ridiculous.... Keep it up. Amazing stuff....