Friday, February 27, 2009

like the sea before a storm

life poems, about life poems, my baby boy, sick

Like the sea before the storm


with his head against my chest
fragile and beautiful
my baby-boy was sick

his solemn, tranquil eyes reminded me of

a poppy’s red delicate petals
in the middle of the Maltese gorge

of butterfly’s wings
against the thousand year old stone fortress

of albatrosses' feathers
in the middle of the rough sea

of the texture of the spider's web
in a deserted house, not open for ages

of the breath of the sea-horse
moaning for his loved one who was killed last night

of a cat just giving birth
to her first ever kitten

of Buddha's 101st hour
under the tree of enlightenment

yesterday, my baby-boy was sick
gentle, sensitive, weak
he reminded me of

the energy of the sea - just before the storm

so quite, so serene, and so somberrn
were his eyes...

Read about Meaning of Tree of Life

No comments: